Short Story 1 - SORRY MY FRIEND


Sorry my friend

by Rajan V Kokkuri

 

I searched for my old friend Sunny's telephone no. in my old diary and got it.

 

Sunny used to work in Kochi. Sunny was one year senior during my college days. I was happy

 

I got the no. It is for a long time I had called him. The bell was ringing and there was no answer

 

at the other end. I was about to ring the phone suddenly I heard a boy's sound at the other end.

 

"Hello" I was happy finally; I am able to hear someone. "Can I talk to Sunny? "Uncle, Sunny uncle


Passed away in few years back.

" I did not get word to talk further. "Oh, I never knew."

 

"How about his wife and children?" "Yes, they are here, aunty got a job in his

 

Previous company Cacil in Kochi."

 

I called Sura immediately. "Sura, did you know that Sunny passed away." "No, I never knew."

 

We both spoke a lot about our college time. Sunny used stay in Barely Street,

 

Bangalore with elder brother Advocate Sam. I still remember a nice time in college.

 

It was my 1st day in college. English was very difficult for me. Someone guided me to the class.

 

After a few minutes, Sir came and addressed us. "So, all of you joined to become

 

Draughtsman?" All of us nodded our heads. "Ok, follow

 

me, let me check your drawing capabilities." He took us to workshop on the ground floor.

 

Sir showed us a Lathe machine. "Come on boys, make a sketch of

 

this machine and show me tomorrow morning." All of us started staring at each other. What to

 

do? If we happen to fail, will he cancel our admission? We doubted about that. We started

 

Drawing the sketch and three senior boys appeared. "Hi all, don't worry, he is not Sir." "His

 

name is Billy and he is our classmate and lecturer."

 

Hearing that we were relieved of the tension. This incident helped me to get good friends.

 

Classes started and I found it easy with the help of senior friends like Sura, Sunny and Arul.

 

Most of them were very senior to me as per age. Two years passed and the course got over and

 

I passed out with good marks. By then Arul was already working in BPL and helped me to get a

 

job in the same company.  I got a job of making artworks for electronic machines. We used to

 

use some rubber solution for preparing artworks.

 

Arul used to be mischief and used to apply sometime the paste on my face. 

 

Every time I warned him. "Arul, please do not do this."

 

One day I lost all the control and I hit him on his face. I never thought because of him I got the

 

job or he used to help me during college days. This is a big regret in my life. We lost touch

 

of each other.

 

After hearing about Sunny's death, I wanted to meet at-least Arul once again.

 

 I do not know where he is. I have searched for him in all social media and got a picture of him

 

on Facebook. I tried to contact him through messages but failed.

 

 I wish he call me one day. I do not want either of us leaves this world without seeing each

 

other.  Hi Arul, Please call me. I wish to say sorry once again.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AN EVER LASTING MEMORY

HOW TO CHANGE THE WORLD BY LOVE